“The bottom line is that saying there are differences in male and female brains is just not true. There is pretty compelling evidence that any differences are tiny and are the result of environment not biology,” said Prof Rippon.
“You can’t pick up a brain and say ‘that’s a girls brain, or that’s a boys brain’ in the same way you can with the skeleton. They look the same.”
Prof Rippon points to earlier studies that showed the brains of London black cab drivers physically changed after they had acquired The Knowledge – an encyclopaedic recall of the capital’s streets.
She believes differences in male and female brains are due to similar cultural stimuli. A women’s brain may therefore become ‘wired’ for multi-tasking simply because society expects that of her and so she uses that part of her brain more often. The brain adapts in the same way as a muscle gets larger with extra use.
“What often isn’t picked up on is how plastic and permeable the brain is. It is changing throughout out lifetime
“The world is full of stereotypical attitudes and unconscious bias. It is full of the drip, drip, drip of the gendered environment.”
Prof Rippon believes that gender differences appear early in western societies and are based on traditional stereotypes of how boys and girls should behave and which toys they should play with.
Turnabout Outbreak, Prologue
Title: Turnabout Outbreak
Summary: Two international spies are investigating a Nanobiology company’s shady side business. Meanwhile, in LA, Blackquill finds himself prosecuting a very odd murder.
Characters/Pairings: Simon Blackquill, Athena Cykes, Phantom, Calisto/Shih-na, Shi-Long Lang. Blackbright.
Warnings: violence, blood, death.
Status: in progress.
Sequel to Turnabout to the Past.
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT OVER THIS, YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW!
THANKS I HOPE YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!
Also I’m probably going to explode when your fic is posted so someone had better get ready to pick up my brains from all over the floor
I know you didn’t need that mental image
lmao I love how we’re basically trying to impress each other with our sequels!
… what do you do when senpai notices you and it turns out you’re their senpai?
I think we’ve found a hole in the very fabric of reality here.
A senpai into a senpai into a senpai and wait why does this sound like a sexual thing now
I think a better question would be: Will the top grow tired and topple over in the end?
….Wait, somehow that sounds sexual too.
I hope you guys are aware that I sort of ship you a little now
Now You Know (Source)
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Also, if you harass, attack, or scare a crow or crows. They will remember you FOR LIFE. Yes, for life. They don’t give a shit you if threw a rock at them when you were 8. They will remember you forever. I’m glad crows aren’t around where I live. *phew*
I love crows so much